That Awkward Moment When... YOU GET SLAMMED BY ANOTHER CAR.

Wednesday, was just like any other day. Happy, delightful, filled with Scholarly activity and preparation for watching the Psych premier. On the way to Scholars, I had a stray thought that I verbalized to my mother. "I wonder when my first accident will be." She reprimanded me for wishing for bad things to happen, which I quickly amended, "Not that I want to be in one."

Well... It didn't really matter whether I wanted to be in one I guess. That's life for ya.

Friday was a wonderful day... Well, everything except the car accident Two. Blocks. From. My. House.

I am depicted here, preparing for the drive.
Fiiiine. I'm not Chuck Norris, neither do I own a cobra. (sigh) >.<
I jumped in my old Honda and my mother climbed in then we shot off around the cul-de-sac. I made my way up the hill perpendicular to my street to this four way intersection at the top. Traffic was pretty busy, so I waited until I saw an opening, as someone was turning the opposite way, allowing me to get out into the intersection. So, I pulled into the right lane, then my mother said in a commanding tone, "Stop!" so... I stopped. When my mother tells you things, it's generally a good idea to listen, whether it's advice about: God, school, girls, food, or even music. Don't listen to her if she tries to tell you something about technology, it's a bad idea.                                  You're liable end up like this fellow.

Anyway, she yelled, "Stop!" so I stopped. Good thing I did too. The car opposite me decided it was going to pull out and turn left. I stopped my car completely, but the guy driving somehow completely missed seeing me. In other words, he turned into my bumper and then proceeded to grind along the far front left edge without VEERING AWAY. Yeah. I was really confused by that. Apparently the loud GRINDING NOISE didn't alert him to my presence either.

"GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRINDIAHNDIUWHDIJOJWQEFO."
... "Squirrels these days."

After he had driven down the road a little ways, he finally seemed to realize that he had just had an accident and stopped. The dude that got out was Short and I mean shorter-than-Chamberlain short. Short. He probably couldn't see me because his seat wasn't high enough up. Boooosttteerr seaaaat. He admitted that it was all his fault to us and apologized. The dude was dressed well, and he had the unmistakable, overpowering sent of Axe. I just spent twenty minutes trying to find an actor that looks similar to him, but I give up. Someday... Someday I'll figure it out.

Anyway, the dude was pretty chill about it, so we exchanged info and then we went our separate ways. Thinking back, that guy could have killed us if my mother hadn't told me to stop, if I hadn't listened, if I pressed the break a second too late. It truly is God's protection that we are still alive. It reminds me, my life is a gift, day by day, and it is time for me to die, I must go with joy and happiness, ready to meet my savior. Lately, life has become too precious to me. I care too much about my time, my goals, my mine me myself. This leaves me with only one option as a response.

Thank you for waking me up God. He him his.

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top