My. Dog. Is. Beast.

I came home today, to find my wooden front door open(we have a screen door too.) Naturally, I started calling my dog Rhodie. There's no quick response, though he doesn't tend to respond when he should anyway, so I walk in the house and call him. He comes trotting up. He always goes out the door when it is open. Always. I then begin ranting about his magical door opening talents.
This is sort of what my front door looks like.

No, that is not my house/door, I'm simply too lazy to find a camera.

Anyways, back to the beginning. We've had this dog, a stray my sister brought in off the street three days before her wedding, for approximately six years. He's a stupid, stupid, stupid dog. Yet, he has a fascinating ability to escape enclosed spaces. I'll upload a picture... now.
As you can see, he's a very big dog, which is where some of his talents come in. The first one we discovered was his ability to break out of cages. We bought a metal cage, composed of metal bars that he go into. You already know he's going to escape it, so you'd probably imagine he'd bust it up a ton right? Nooo... Instead he bends the lock door mechanism rod so that he can somehow unlock the door. Crazy animal.

"Cool, he can break out of cages, so what my dog can do that too."(which it probably can't) Well, that's not the end of it. Not only is he a mastermind escape artist in the field of cages, he can also scale chain link fences. No joke. We took him over to our neighbors house where we put him in the fence with two other dogs. Unsatisfied by the unintelligent company and so fervently desiring my own, he scaled it and did a barrel roll over the top. We put him back inside, figuring he had just gotten lucky. He did it again. One of my neighbor's dogs is a huge mastiff that comes up to my waist. The guy told his we couldn't put our dog back in there, because he was afraid his dogs would learn how to do it to. When their dog gets out, the neighbors call the zoo. "So what, he can break out of cages and climb fences. What's the big deal?"

Last but not least, he appears now to have magical door opening abilities. A couple nights before, we came downstairs and there was the BACK door, wide open. However, that could have been the wind, right? But, when we came home today, the door was open(which it was shut when we left) and Rhodie was inside. EXPLAIN THAT. When you open the door, he'll run back and forth inside and outside until such time as you shut the door. He's obsessed with running through doors. I repeat, EXPLAIN THAT. The only possible explanation is that he did a flying jump, turned the handle, opened the door, went outside, did his buis. and then somehow magically nudged the door back open and walked inside. My dog has magical door opening abilities.

However, when we came home, the back door wasn't opening because my Mom had locked/latched it. So, the next thing I expect to see is him unlocking doors. Perfectly acceptable order.
Are you smarter then a 5th grader? To which I respond, "obviously not."

CONVERSATION

1 Tid-Bits:

Emmie said...

While your dog seems quite great, I have two things to say about that.
1) I like how you made "Pancreas" an option to respond.
2) I repeat. Cat. Is. Superior.

Back
to top