Waiting on What?

How foolish I am to think I can bring myself a step closer to God by my actions! It doesn't matter if I wait days, weeks, months, or even years to confess my sin after that time being filled with purity. Waiting a few days after struggling and falling to sin does NOT MAKE ME ANY HOLIER IN GOD'S SIGHT!

I know the Gospel! I have followed it's truths for over 10 years and yet I still fall into the temptation to think that I DO something to even COMPARE to the perfection that is found in Jesus Christ! My purity without confession cannot make me anymore acceptable to Christ then my sin can. The glorious truth of the Gospel is that we were born with sin, all of us, yet while we still in our sin Christ came down and payed full passage to the kingdom of GOD for those who believe. How can I grow close to that, how can my waiting to confess sin to my Dad who loves and will understand me, help me get closer to the image of Christ in any way, shape, or form?

I want to live a life of perfection, but demonstrating that I can resist the power of sin before I go to those who love me to admit to the original sin? It's nonsense. I hold on to some vain hope that I can proof myself worthy to a perfect, holy, righteous God. If that's the way that I approach the throne room on the final day, I don't stand a CHANCE my friends.

Don't follow my example of believing that you can make yourself more to God by waiting to confess you sins.
-(If you haven't already, confess your sin to God before anything else.)
1. Go to someone you know you can trust that is wise in the Gospel(usually your Mom or Dad)
2. Be prepared for sinful nature to oppose you, there's something in sin that likes hiding in darkness.
3. Confess, and seek God's forgiveness.

Proverbs 12:22 ESV "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight."


Galations 6:7-8 ESV "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life."

CONVERSATION

4 Tid-Bits:

Unknown said...

We are called to be children of Light, therefore we must put all of our sin into the light and keep nothing dark. Thank you Stevie, this was very encouraging. :)

Grant Farmer said...

this is awesome Stevie
and it's really a great example to me

the only thing I'd say is that we are never going to have perfection (we're gonna have the opposite of it)
And if we think to ourselves for one minute that we will, then we are hypocrites.
All we can do, is try our best to please God, through our thoughts and actions, and just let Him take over our life
cuz if our complete thoughts are to glorify Him and Him alone, then our actions will be blessed.....but I am right there with you in confessing sin, because half the time, I can't even confess it to myself and I just become self rightous and think that I'm doing well, but there is no doing well....theres perfection and the other people worthy of damnation...it's what sets us apart from God
so really....it all comes down to how much God loves us, and how His grace is everlastingly flowing

Stevie Parris said...

I would argue that there's nothing wrong with wanting to live a life of perfection, even if it can never be achieved. The purpose intent in living a perfect life would be to abstain from all forms of sin, and in doing so, glorifying God. Also, we will perfect in heaven with the perfect blood of Christ covering our sin. :)

Grant Farmer said...

yes, that's what I meant lol :)
I just wanted to state that we could never achieve perfection
but if we try to live our actions to glorify Him and Him alone, God will bless our actions

Back
to top