Christmas-Trip Me Up

Christmas season. Ah. There's nothing quite like it. My biggest problem is that it always seems to slip by so quickly without me even noticing. The lights, the tree, the old Christmas movies. None of it can pause time so I simply appreciate the time that I have.
So this year, this day, I feel called to pray.

Trip me up God, because I'm running too fast,
not sure if it's toward you or toward the trash.
Clean my convictions, and open my heart,
so that I can tell the difference 'tween the light and the dark.
If life is too fast, help me take it down a few gears,
so my mind can resettle, on you, not my peers.
Christmas is coming, and I don't want to stumble,
in this sacred of times, set aside so I'll humble.
In the last few words that I have left to say,
I want to appreciate Christ's birth in a different way.

And this is what I pray.

Happy holidays all.

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top