High Hopes

When I started this blog challenge I had high hopes for writing lots of creative fiction. I really was looking forward into pouring myself into my writing, but as time went on, it never really happened. I was so excited to do that when I started. So what happened?

It's not like I don't want to do it. I do, just as much as I did then. Life just gets in the way. In the beginning I was going strong, but I started running out of stamina. Literally. I was up past midnight every night of that first week, writing, which was great in terms of creation, but took a toll on me during the day at work. I didn't want that to happen, so I started trying to write faster, earlier. This is great in theory, but it turned out that I ended up writing things that are a lot less complete. I wanted to create fiction, but my fiction takes time to cultivate and explore. This is something I'm not able to do in a blog format, sadly. I could write the entire story and post bit by bit, but at that point, you might as well post the entire thing.

So it is with a heavy heart I resign my desire to write piece-by-piece fiction via my blog. This is by no means a resignation of writing fiction. I will write fiction, but it has to be long term with a project style to it. I need to see the big picture before I post a piece. I can work on setting "scenes," emotions, settings, and feelings with my blog. This is something I've seen my friend Dara Hayes do over at Ink and Imagination, and something I feel might be beneficial to practice. If you haven't read her blog yet, do that. It'll inspire and captivate you.

Something you guys may or may not know is that I really want to write a fantasy novel. I've wanted to for years. I want to do this, but I always forget about it, or grow too discontent with what I've already written. I need you guys to hold me accountable to this vision and desire though. I'm not strong or focused enough to make it happen by myself. I need you all to come with me.

My fiction isn't dead, it's merely waiting for the right moment to awake,

CONVERSATION

1 Tid-Bits:

Jo said...

I appreciate your vision for your future and for the blog challenge. The blog challenge helped me see that God will meet me and give words to say even in full-on tiredness. If I give the space, He will fill it. If I just begin, He will complete. The blog challenge was the vehicle in which I was see these scenarios. Thank you, Stevie, for this opportunity and wonderful inspiration to write.

*Very Grateful!*

Mike and I will gladly hold you accountable for your novel writing! Will also pray about your vision, when the best season to commit to a project like that would be.

Back
to top