Stupid Oscars

So I forgot to post yesterday, which is so depressing because I was literally part way through making another Slender reaction video when someone informed of the time, and I realized I was going to miss an Eagle Scout ceremony for one of my besties. Needless to say, I am disappointed by my failure. But really, I would have remembered after the ceremony if I hadn't then been persuaded to go watch the Oscars.

* raises fist to sky * Curse you Oscars and your glamorous celebrities!



In any case, unlike most people, it's not like just because I lost I'm going to stop posting or anything. That's no fun. I am not a quitter. Forgetful, distracted, busy, yes I am all of these things, but as the phrase goes around my household: "A Parris never quits!"

So I gotta say, the Oscars were quite enjoyable if you guys missed out. Let me explain... No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

Grand Budapest Hotel (apparently inappropriate movie) won approximately a million Oscars.

Neil Patrick Harris showed up in his underwear with uhh.... Yeah, we'll just leave that at that.

Lady Gaga kicked butt with her musical rendition of the songs from Mary Poppins. Her voice is gorgeous when she's not stuttering the word poker, and then Julie Andrews came on stage and warmed my heart. Because, she's Julie Andrews. <3 <3 <3

Whiplash one the next most amount of awards.

People that I don't really care about won the actresses and actors awards.

Birdman won best motion picture (the best award like ever or something).

Oh, and Neil + magic with a briefcase and OH MY GOODNESS JOHN TRAVOLTA TOUCHED IDINA MENZEL'S FACE SO MUCH. You'll just have to YouTube that one.

Pretty sure that I would feel slightly uncomfortable watch at least 70% of these movies. I somehow managed to retain a lot of this, evening though I spent half of it only half watching while playing Settlers of Catan. I lost at Settlers when Grant did a 5 point play and pretty much blew my mind. I don't even. Anyway, all and all not a bad night, minus my forgetfulness. Sorry guys. I letcha down. I'm a bad person; I'll still be here though. Writing about things. Or making videos. Or whatever. I'll be back tomorrow.

Until then,
Adieu 

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top