Dating, not so promising?

Today, I was thinking about how agonizing it would be if I was actually dating. I realized I'm not really looking forward to dating... And yet I am looking forward to marriage.

Why marriage but not dating? Isn't that what it leads to?
Yeah, but there's that transition period, honestly seems to be pretty awful.

If I was dating right now, not only would it be premature and unwise, it would also be terrible.
What's so bad about dating?

You have someone that you're in relationship with. I know that when I get in a relationship, it will be with a person that I like enough to think about all the time. And every time I think about my girlfriend, I'll want to be where she is. Problem: that's not going to happen.

If you're lucky enough to see her regularly, chances are you'll feel the absence all the more keenly when she isn't around. At the end of the day, she'll still have to go home, leaving you to wish she was still there.

I remember my brother drove his girlfriend(now his wife) home even when it didn't make sense. Why? He wanted as much time as possible with her. He loved her, and that was enough reason for him to search out every possible avenue to spend time together.

You see where I'm coming from now? That's why I've been preparing to wait until I'm ready for marriage. I don't want girlfriends, I want a girlfriend. One, the one that will become my wife if it's possible.

So, you see why I'm not looking forward to dating as the pinnacle of my existence. I have a bigger goal, one where I can take my wife home, and spend whole days in a row with her without leaving her side...

"I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooooonnnggg jacket." Short Skirt/ Long Jacket-Cake

Merry ah-lev-on.

CONVERSATION

1 Tid-Bits:

Unknown said...

I am happy for you dude! I am glad you are able to experience the grace/mercy of God in this way! Thanks for sharing :)

Back
to top