ContractorsRUs

Pianowizzy has officially lost the competition as I was actually able to get in contact with her. She was sick.
Which I don't see as a valid excuse. Type a word. Post. Sorry Meglo. Have fun in the blog-afterlife.
Now to the real post...

Hey ladies and gents! How was your Christmas? Mine was great, I got shot in the eye.

Yeah. I got shot in the eye with a nerf gun. Every year my family does a white elephant, and one of the gifts I contributed was a nerf gun. My nephew ended up getting it. Was it my nephew that shot me? Of course not! My older brother decided to go all Rambo on me. The eye shot was pretty epic.

I saw the dark streak come toward my eye. It went all slow-mo for both him and me. It was a lot like this.
Unfortunately, my eye doesn't bounce bullets like Superman. Superman is a jerk. Showoff. It's actually incredible that my brother even managed to shoot me in the eye. Lucky bullet-slinger. Revenge will come someday Leo, watch your back. O_O
Haha.
N-E-Ways.

Recently we've been having our bathroom demolished and consequently reconstructed with a hot tub and awesome stuff like that. We have a couple of guys doin' the job for us. They're both pretty cool dudes. Anyways, I imagined that they're nice because we chose them. Obviously they're gonna be amazing. However, I was quickly shown my falsehood. We went down to our local home depot, for like the 4th time that week to get supplies for the contractor peeps. We picked up a cart in the parking lot with a gimpy wheel and made our way in casually to the bang and clatter of the faulty cart. Smooth.

We walked over to get ourselves some "Hardybacker" (drywall stuffs) and there were two men just about to grab some of their own. So, prepared to wait patiently, we settled down to wait our turn. However, instead of taking it to their cart, they took it to ours. They then proceeded to ask us how many we needed and carried them all and set them on the truck-cart-randomthingwithwheels. We thanked them, and I must say, this made my perspective of contractors only rise from my previous positive attitude toward them. I was already like, "omGeee(osh), they are soo coolio."



We then bought our boards and walked out, again thanking them, when my dad realized that he had forgotten to get something and ran back into the Home Dee-pot. I nonchalantly pushed my very loud cart over towards the car and when I reached it, prepared to wait. I got bored after about 10 seconds, looked at the boards, the car, and the boards again. You know that's right.

"Challenge accepted."



I then popped the hatch and began to slide the board off the cart into the car, probably not the smartest idea because they were really heavy, in retrospect. At the time it seemed like a phenomenal idea. "Then my dad will think I'm a real man!" Yeah. Right. Anyway, I managed one in and was working on my second after removing the shopping cart so a car could get by when one of the guys who was just about to get into his car paused. He could have been watching me for quite a bit, it was probably amusing for him. The point being that he began to walk over: "Hey, you need some help with that?"
"Nah!" I grunted from under the board. "My dad's coming." Right on time, I looked over and saw my dad walking in the distance across the endless parking lot. "There he is," I said pointing.
The man got back into his car and drove away like he didn't have a care in the world while I struggled with the board. But it was okay. My heart was really happy. My thoughts were pretty much: I LOVE CONTRACTORS. Sheesh, I couldn't get this kind of service from people who worked at other places. Cough, Microsoft, cough. So yeah, basically I've decided that contractors are amazing and they should all be commended for extended levels of awesomeness, kindness, and relative swagger.

(I'm your #1 fans. All of them.)

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top