Hydroplaning

Mother told me so. Yup. Car driving is fun. HEEHEEHEE.

Whaaaattt?

'Twas a while ago that I began driving, but there was a particular day that the conversation turned particularly interesting.


I pull out of the Scholar's parking lot, deciding to turn left, because I could really go either way. I start to giggle giddily. "Oh yes, this is going to be a fun car-ride." I think and put my hand up on the wheel authoritatively. My mother asks me about my day, I run through the standard laundry-list activities of the day. "Welllll... There were announcements in the morning..." I pause and pull up slightly closer to the car's bumper in front of me than my other is comfortable with. My mom gives off her slight flutter of panic and then prompts me: "and?" I scratch my head, "Uhmmm... I don't really remember what they were. Let me think, something from AIC Council about... something." I squint to increase my mental perceptions... because that works in my world. "Oh yeah! There was some kind of announcement about the Turkey Trot or something." I glance down the road, my eyes fixed on the bumper of the car in front of me. I can already feel myself drifting into auto-pilot. "Okay, what else..." My mom walks me through my day till we're finished and the conversation drifts off toward other topics. We begin to discuss driving, and I still feel quite giddy. Somehow the topic of driving in wet weather comes up. "If you had made that turn in wet weather you'd have a hydroplaned." My mom tells me as I make a particularly precarious turn. "Hydroplane," I repeat, and chuckle. She keeps talking about the dangers of turns in wet weather and how someday I'm going... Then I lose track of what she's saying and start muttering "Hydroplane," to myself and chuckling repeatedly. It takes a little while for her to realize that I'm not listening and she says something like: "Well it's true." My response to this is to say "hydroplane!" louder and burst out laughing out of nowhere. Something about that word just tickles my fancy hamster. The whole ride is spent with me finding new words to mutter and laugh at. At some point I begin to wonder if it's safe for me to driving, but I instantly disregard my worries and chuckle some more. "I'll to write this in a blog post when I get home," I think.


And here we are. Hydroplaning. Teehee. If you ever meet me when I'm giddy, I urge you not to pass the chance because it is probably one of the most amusing times you'll ever have. I'll laugh at everything and anything and there's no stopping me. Chances are that I'll tell you I'm giddy, because I always know and enjoy every moment of it. If only I could be giddy on demand... This calls for investigation.

To give you another brief snapshot, imagine me in Grant's basement, half slid down a chair, drunkenly singing "BA-BA BLACK SHEEP!" at the top of my lungs at three in the morning.

</end blogpost>

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top