Music Theory

Theoretically... Music theory should be hard. In reality.. not so much.


For someone who spends 25% of his free time playing instruments and writing songs and stuff, this is hardly much of an effort. We had a "big project" that was composed of 16 measures with a whole bunch of dynamics, articulation, and tempo p-zazz thrown in. Whoopdee doo. I could compose that in my sleep. I probably have.

Even better, get this, last year I discovered the program that the teacher has us write in via one of my friends who was taking the course. I then proceeded to spend most of that day fooling with it composing about three times the amount necessary for someone who was actually required to complete that assignment. Amateurish.


When I found I had to write a composition I yawned, pulled out my sixty-seven measure piece, and went on a hot-coco break (because I still think coffee is nasty.) Unfortunately, I discovered that adding the stupid symbols she wanted to be in the piece was going to be pointless because they would really serve no purpose, so after murdering my piece, and tearing it to bits over the past 2 marking periods, I'd had enough. I re-read the requirements and composed a new piece that fit her requirements for the final assignment... maybe 2 hours flat. Disgusting, isn't it?

(Eddie Murphy <3)

So... Music theory, ye who hold no challenge to those of finer tastes. I slay thee as a beast and we shall meet again on the eve of the period of marking new. So long sweet chariot.

Here's my composition for the final project:
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/827e964a2e001ebd272c80dccf9576ca87a8c666

And the one that I composed quite a while ago:
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ec2e4d3e1f30dd1d06e06cbbb6ddec99509428e2

Enjoy the sounds of a completed assignment and a finished course. Ha-cha-cha.
(Jeremy posted a video of penguins racing... You might want to go check that out.)

CONVERSATION

0 Tid-Bits:

Back
to top